According to CBS News, after oil, coffee is the second most valuable commodity in the world. More than 50 percent of Americans drink coffee everyday — three to four cups each, more than 330 million cups a day and counting.
Among its many actions, (caffeine) operates using the same mechanisms that amphetamines, cocaine, and heroin use to stimulate the brain. Relatively speaking, caffeine's effects are milder than amphetamines, cocaine and heroin, but it is manipulating the same channels in the brain, and that is one of the things that give caffeine its addictive qualities. (Discovery health)
According to CBS News, Caffeine is the fastest acting drug known unto man.
Its surprising the amount of coffee the American people drink. The average adult drinks three to four cups per day. Some claim they can’t function without it. Others can’t stay awake without their morning coffee buzz. A friend of mine said that she would get a headache if she didn’t drink her coffee in the morning.
Fifth culture shock,
One of the worst smells is the coffee breath. Imagine speaking with your boss and his overbearing coffee breath is all in your nostrils. You might want to say something but you fear he might take offense. So you just let his coffee breath continue to contaminate the atmosphere around you. This situation happened to me when I just got to America. Then I started to notice the vast amount of people who drank coffee around me. It was shocking because I come from Colombia. Some of the best coffee in the world comes from Colombia. And no, we do not fertilize our coffee with cocaine. However the coffee in my country is still very strong, nevertheless the people do not drink as much coffee as they do here.
Young people say, “I am not a morning person so coffee helps me get up to speed” or “I need to cram tonight, do you have any coffee”. You can see them walking around campuses with their coffee mugs, fraternizing at Starbucks, or destroying the two thirty feeling at work with a cup of black coffee. Adults need it to go to work; elders need it so they can remember where they left their keys. A mechanic even told me he could fix any engine with a cup of coffee and a good cigarette. I believe coffee is the new cocaine. It’s guaranteed to get your client hooked and it’s legal.
These are some of the benefits of coffee drinking:
· Regular coffee drinkers are 80 percent less likely to develop Parkinson's disease.
· Two cups a day gives you 20 percent less risk of colon cancer.
· Two cups a day causes an 80 percent drop in cirrhosis.
· Two cups a day prevents gallstone development by 50 percent.
· It has also shown to be beneficial in asthma, stopping headaches, boosting mood and even preventing cavities.
These are some of the secondary effects of your morning high:
1. It raises your blood pressure enough to increase the risk of heart attack or stroke 20 to 30 percent. (Wow!)
2. After adrenaline hype is lost, fatigue and depression kicks in.
3. Affects the adenosine reception in your body which contributes to your deep sleep.
4. Bad breath.
5. High coffee consumption (more than three cups per day for years) increases loss of bone mineral density.
6. Caffeine mixed with acetaminophen (Paracetamol), one of the most common painkillers used in the US and Europe could harm your liver.
I say two highs per day and nothing else.
Chew on this and tell me what you think.